Wednesday 27 October 2010

The First Design Workshops

I visited a local Junior School to work on the initial design ideas for this project, the first group to start.

So do you want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is I took photos of the pupils enthusiastically showing me their drawings they had done, with  happy smiles, as they were proud of their work. They had followed the route on a slide show I had prepared and they knew all the aspects of Strood already. At the end of the session some stood at the front of the classroom and eloquently described to whole group what their drawing represented and why they had done them.

The bad news is the photos showed very well their beaming faces, but the drawings they were displaying came out a bit rubbish. So I felt I had to fuzz out the best bits of these photographs to be on the safe side........... and use the computer to show that there was actually something on the paper they were holding up.


As an initial start to this project where things are still very fluid the class produced a range of work on the topics of wild flowers and medieval knights. The concept of drawing for something to be created in another material (mosaic) was something I thought would be hard to digest....I wanted to avoid very small over detailed work...... no problem with that, big strong drawings came out.





No comments:

Post a Comment